Chartered March 11, 1980
Member of Zonta International
Membership offers many opportunities to make a difference in the lives of women locally and globally while working alongside energetic and passionate members/volunteers. Here are some examples of our focus locally:
- Empowerment of Women through Service & Advocacy
- Club supported numerous bills intending to support survivors, promote fair prosecutions, and enhance rehabilitation to decrease repeat Human Trafficking crimes.
- Club supported the passing of the Female Mutilation bill, participated in the Unchained At Last rally (to support an end to child marriage), as well as other bills introduced in the PA legislature (see the Advocacy and Education tab)
- Supports the annual “Zonta Says NO to Violence Against Women & Children” rally
- Builds relationships with other like-minded organizations
- Two Scholarship programs – Young Women in Public Affairs & Jane Klausman Women in Business
- Participate in the Zonta club holiday celebrations
- Provide Service Grants to non-profit organizations that comply with our mission
- Learn and support the Zonta International (ZI) mission & goals
- Personal fulfillment of making a difference to women & children in need
- Monthly Meetings with Speaker – click here to request attendance on a Zoom call
- Network with other Professional Women
- Collaborate with a global network of professionals who are committed to the campaign to end violence against women and children.
What are the Benefits of Membership?
- Networking: Zontians are committed to women’s development. Zontians are role models, mentors, and like-minded professionals in their Zonta clubs and through international contacts.
- Building Leadership Skills: Zonta members organize events, chair committees, and facilitate meetings. Zonta builds leaders.
- Cross-Cultural Sharing: Zontians share ideas across cultures and continents, through visits and conversation, in print and in person.
- Developing Lifelong Friendships: Zonta members support one another and share personal and professional milestones and challenges.
- Zontians Take Action: Zontians work together and experience the satisfaction of making a personal contribution to improving women’s lives.
How Can I Become a Member?
Club membership in this service organization is by application (see below). Potential new members are invited to attend two meetings/events/or a conversation with a club member in order to learn more about the Zonta Club of Harrisburg-Hershey. The application process consists of sending a completed Prospective Membership Application, a bio, and a picture to P.O.Box 590, Hummelstown PA 17036, or electronically to email@example.com. After a review of the application, the applicant will be invited to join the club. A membership fee will be collected at that time. The application year runs from June 1st to May 31st. Discounted fees apply after December 1st.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in additional information about becoming a member.