Chartered March 11, 1980
Member of Zonta International
Membership offers many opportunities to make a difference in the lives of women locally and globally while working alongside energetic and passionate members/volunteers. Here are some examples of our focus:
- Empowerment of Women through Service & Advocacy
- Club supported the passing of the Female Mutilation bill and joined the Unchained At Last rally to support an end to child marriage as well as other bills introduced to the PA legislature
- Support annual “Zonta Says NO to Violence Against Women & Children” rally
- Build relationships with other like-minded organizations
- Two Scholarship programs – Young Women in Public Affairs & Jane Klausman
- Participate in the Zonta club holiday celebrations
- Provide support for a local shelter – Shalom House – in monies, time and passion
- Learn and support the Zonta International (ZI) mission & goals
- Personal fulfillment of making a difference to women & children in need locally
- Monthly Meetings with Speaker
- Network with other Professional Women
- Collaborate with a global network of professionals who are committed to our campaign to end violence against women and children.
What are the Benefits of Membership?
- Networking: Zontians are committed to women’s development. Zontians are role models, mentors and like-minded professionals in their Zonta clubs and through international contacts.
- Building Leadership Skills: Zonta members organize events, chair committees and facilitate meetings. Zonta builds leaders.
- Cross-Cultural Sharing: Zontians share ideas across cultures and continents, through visits and conversation, in print and in person.
- Developing Lifelong Friendships: Zonta members support one another and share personal and professional milestones and challenges.
- Zontians Take Action: Zontians work together and experience the satisfaction of making a personal contribution to improving women’s lives.
How Can I Become a Member?
Club membership in this service organization is by application (see below). Potential new members are welcome to attend a meeting to learn more about the Zonta Club of Harrisburg-Hershey. The application process consists of sending a completed membership application, membership fee and a copy of their bio to P.O.Box 590, Hummelstown PA 17036. The application year runs from June 1st to May 31st. Discounted fees apply after December 1st.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in additional information about becoming a member.