Chartered March 11, 1980
Member of Zonta International
Empowering Women Through Service and Advocacy
People join the club because of:
- become a member of Zonta International Organization
- a desire to offer service and advocacy to others at the local and international level
- feeling the reward of making a difference to women and children in need
- an interest in fellowship and participation with individuals from varied professional backgrounds
- leadership opportunities
Who Can Join?
Club membership in this service organization is by application. Members become part of a global network of professionals, who are committed to equal rights and a life free of violence for all women and girls.
What are the Membership Responsibilities?
Members are encouraged to:
- attend monthly meetings,
- actively participate in committees and service projects,
- participate in fundraising, and
- pay annual membership dues.
What are the Benefits of Membership?
- Networking: Zontians are committed to women’s development. Zontians are role models, mentors and like-minded professionals in their Zonta clubs and through international contacts.
- Building Leadership Skills: Zonta members organize events, chair committees and facilitate meetings. Zonta builds leaders.
- Cross-Cultural Sharing: Zontians share ideals across cultures and continents, through visits and conversation, in print and in person.
- Developing Lifelong Friendships: Zonta members support one another and share personal and professional milestones and challenges, often across international borders.
- Zontians Take Actions: Zontians work together and experience the satisfaction of making a personal contribution to improving women’s lives.
When are the Club’s Meetings Held?
Meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month from September through June. At each meeting, there is time for socializing, dinner and a guest speaker for programs to enrich, enlighten or strengthen our membership.
How Can I Become a Member?
Potential new members are welcome to attend a meeting to learn more about the Zonta Club of Harrisburg-Hershey. The application process consists of sending a completed membership application, membership fee and a copy of their bio to P.O.Box 590, Hummelstown PA 17036. After review by the Board of Directors, if the applicant meets all of the membership criteria, they will be installed into the membership at the next monthly meeting. The application year runs from June 1st to May 31st.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in additional information about becoming a member.
FYI – Amelia Earhart was an early member of Zonta and each year we honor her with a special trip or event.