District 3 Achievement Awards
Each Zonta Club is a member of a district as well as a member of Zonta International. The Zonta Club of Harrisburg-Hershey is part of District 3 which encompasses New York, New Jersey, part of Pennsylvania, and all of Maryland, District of Columbia, and Virginia. There are currently 25 clubs in District 3, with 448 individual members. Each year in October, District 3 holds its Fall Conference and announces awards given to the clubs based on the previous year’s achievements.
- 2nd place for the Service Award,
- 2nd place for the Advocacy Award,
- 3rd place for the Public Relations and Communications Award, and
- 3rd place for the UN Award
Governor Pat Latona chose to make a $2500 donation to the District in lieu of presenting a Governor’s Award this year ($2000 will go to future Membership Grants and $500 is marked for a Keynote Speaker at the 2023 District 3 Conference). Her rationale for not singling out a specific club was that every club in the District had worked very hard to continue to function during the pandemic and thus every club was a winner.
- 1st place for the Public Relations and Communications Award,
- 1st place for The Amelia Earhart Award,
- Honorable Mention for the Advocacy Award, and
- 2nd place for the Service Award
In this year, the club won 6 awards. They were:
- the silver bowl for the Governor’s Award for the 3rd consecutive year,
- 1st place for the Amelia Earhart, Public Relations and Communications Awards,
- United Nations award for their International Fellows Program (IFP) event,
- 1 of 3 Centennial Grant Awards in District 3,
- 2nd place for Advocacy, and a
- $250 Membership Grant
2017-18 & 2016-17
In these two years, the club won:
- the silver bowl for the Governor’s Award and
- for Advocacy and the role of Zonta with the United Nations.