Empowering Women Worldwide
The Objects of Zonta International are:
(a) To improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health, and professional status of women at the global and local levels through service and advocacy.
(b) To work for the advancement of understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of members.
(c) To promote justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
(d) To be united internationally to foster high ethical standards, to implement service programs, and to provide mutual support and fellowship for members who serve their communities, their nations, and the world.
The Zonta Says NO to Violence Against Women campaign begins on November 25th, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, and ends on December 10th, Human Rights Day. Zontians worldwide will say NO to violence against women and take a stand to end child marriage. Zonta International’s goals worldwide are for all women to live without fear of domestic violence and being attacked by strangers and harassed by male colleagues at their workplace; women are protected against rape in situations of conflict; girls can be girls and are not forced into a union that is called marriage; and displaced vulnerable women and girls can focus on building resilience. The global campaign is to get more people to not look away but to speak up and take action. For more information, see www.zonta.org.
Zonta International Biennium Projects and Goals for 2018-2020
- Ending Child Marriage (ZISVAW): A Programme to Accelerate Global Action
- Let Us Learn Madagascar: An Integrated Program for Adolescent Girls
- Eid Bi Eid (Hand in Hand): Support to the resilience and empowerment of Syrian refugee and vulnerable Jordanian women
District 3 Goals:
- Service, Advocacy, Education programs to empower women and girls
- Net Increase of Membership
- Become Known with Centennial Anniversary
2018 – 2020 Biennium
- Zonta International will contribute more than 5 million US dollars to service projects, scholarships, and programs to empower women and girls.
- ZI is expanding our existing educational scholarships with the launch of the Zonta International Women In Technology Scholarship.
- Zonta is a mission-driven, global organization. The Zonta Club of Harrisburg-Hershey cannot exist without Zonta International and Zonta International needs the local clubs to support their global service and ZISVAW projects. We are interconnected.
- Two International Service projects: Eid Bi Eid – Syrian refugee crisis as they flee to Jordan; Educating children in Madagascar.
- ZISVAW advocacy project is the Ending Child Marriage.
- ZI supports extraordinary women with the following scholarships: Amelia Earhart, Jane M. Klausman, Women in Public Affairs and the new Women in Technology.
Zonta International Service Project History
See Zonta International Service Project History from 1923 to 2020. Click here for a copy of the flyer.
Read more about Zonta International (ZI) by visiting the website, Zonta.org
Donations to the Zonta International Foundation should be made on the foundation.zonta.org website. (Click the Donate button in the top right corner)
Zonta International Foundation Funds
The Zonta Club of Harrisburg-Hershey donated $3000 this year to the Zonta International Foundation, supporting three scholarships (Amelia Earhart, JM Klausman Women in Business and Young Women in Public Affairs), the International Service Projects and ZISVAW (Zonta International Strategies to Eliminate Violence against Women. Click here for more information about the Zonta International Foundation.
Centennial Anniversary Grants
In honor of 100 years of Zonta service and Zonta International’s centennial anniversary in 2019, Zonta International has launched its Centennial Anniversary Grants program. These one-time grants of up to US$5,000 each will recognize charitable organizations working to improve the lives of women and girls in their local communities.